- Written by Kimberly Pepmiller Kimberly Pepmiller
- Created: 26 December 2013 26 December 2013
The Christ Clinic is helping to fill a vast need in our community, and they provide physical care with a spiritual component. What an amazing combination! How can we as a congregation at Saint John’s help support this community resource?
Since the clinic is entirely free and run completely by volunteers, there is an ongoing list of needs of the clinic. In January, we will collect supplies the Christ Clinic needs in order to continue operation and service to the northern Colorado community. Please consider donating supplies to help continue the outstanding mission and service of the Christ Clinic! There will be a box by the Welcome Center for donations.
Exam Room/Cleaning Supplies
- Non-latex disposable gloves (M and L)
- Avery #8860 white address labels (1" × 2 5/8")
- Reinforced manila fastener folders (two 2" fasteners)
- Printer ink (HP950 or HP950XL)
- CR2032 Rayovac Batteries (two-pack)
- AA Batteries
- Black pens
- Coffee (Folgers decaf, ground)
- Juice packs
- Plastic spoons
- Nutrigrain bars
- Individually-prepackaged breadsticks and cheese dip
- Individually-packaged pretzels, cheezits and/or Goldfish
- Any individually-packaged baked snacks
- Bibles (especially large print)
- Children's Bibles
- Spanish Bibles
Gift cards (Amazon, Walmart, Sam's Club) to help restock medical and non-medical supplies. In addition, tax deductible cash donations made by check to:
Christ Clinic, Inc.
3920 S Shields St
Fort Collins, CO 80526
Finally, if you're interested in volunteering at the clinic, they are often seeking medical assistants, greeters, setup/takedown helpers, nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants and doctors.
“Hesed” is a Hebrew word that means “kindness”, “mercy”, “loyalty”, “loving-kindness” or “steadfastness.” It’s the way God intends us to live together—a “love your neighbor as yourself”, active, selfless, sacrificial, caring-for-one-another brand of living contradictory to our fallen natures. The “Heseders” are continually looking to work together to share some small measure of God’s extraordinary love. Won’t you join us?