- Written by Sam Gardner Sam Gardner
- Created: 18 September 2017 18 September 2017
Pastor Nettleton opened the meeting with a devotion and prayer. The minutes were approved as written. Official Acts included release of one member from membership in June. Attendance has been higher for the summer, in particular the two Sundays seminarian Ben Vanderhyde’s family was here. June ended down about $4,500 for the month. There were some annual expenses which added to this. July was up about $5,000. We are almost $3,000 in the black for the year. We have been spending below our budget, which is a big help.
- Campus Ministry: Last met on July 6 with a group from Saint John’s and Peace With Christ. The group will have a presence at the Faith Expo at CSU this fall as well as an ad in the Rocky Mountain Collegian. There is a tentative schedule together for activities this fall. There was another meeting August 6 to continue fall planning. Hannah Walters will be leading bible studies.
- Children’s Ministry: Meeting next week to plan for fall.
- Elderberries: Went to a Rockies game at the beginning of August. Will be having the usual Third Thursday potluck this month and will be watching a movie. The board will meet after the movie.
- Fellowship: Faith Day at the Rockies was August 6. The Saint John’s attendees were joined by some people from Peace With Christ. There was a farewell reception for the Vanderhydes.
- Finance: Has not met.
- Outreach: Planning to advertise to incoming CSU freshmen. Tim Goeglein will be speaking October 26 about church and state.
- Preschool: We have additional aides hired for the fall to help with the full classes. One of the new aids is Jessica Stephens. Both classes are full (fifteen in each) for the fall.
- Trustees: There was a clean up day June 24. The Trustees have been trying to resolve issue with the sprinkler system. There may be an issue with being able to put a bathroom in the elevator equipment room. More research is needed. Must get a radon mitigation system put in Kandy’s office/boiler room area due to a high reading after county testing. Will be trying an earlier meeting time this Sunday.
- Worship: Has not met.
- Youth: The board will be meeting at the end of August to plan for the upcoming school year.
Parish Administrator’s Report
- Health Insurance: It’s time to make decisions for the following year’s health insurance. Tom suggests the church continue offering the high deductible health plan with a payment of $1,500 into a Health Savings Account. Nancy made a motion to approve Tom’s suggestions. Zach seconded. Motion Carried.
- Parking Lot Signage: Tom provided a map of where he would like to place parking signs. Saint John’s was approved for a $1,500 grant from the Good Neighbor Fund provided by CSU. This fund is provided to mitigate undesirable effects from the on-campus stadium and can be used for purposes such as signage. However, the Good Neighbor Fund ask that we refund the grant if we make money from the stadium (e.g. game day parking). The suggested signs read “Church Parking Only Violators Will Be Towed No Trespassing”. Tom suggests purchasing four signs, which will be placed in various locations around the parking lot. Eric made a motion to approve the wording of the signs. Grant seconded. Motion carried.
- Game Day Parking: We will have temporary signs placed at the parking lot entrances and be charging $15/car. We are using Thrivent Action Team funds to purchase signs, cones, high visibility vests and money pouches. The Heseders will be in charge of things for at least the first few games.
Closed with the Lord’s Prayer at 7:00 PM.
The thirteen members of the Church Council are the “Board of Directors” of the congregation, tasked with general oversight of the life and activities of the congregation to the end that everything be done in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws.