- Written by Sam Gardner Sam Gardner
- Created: 14 February 2017 14 February 2017
The meeting was called to order at 6:05 PM. Pastor Nettleton opened with a devotion. Eric made a motion to approve the November minutes. Zach seconded. Motion approved. In November we had a baptism and a few transfers out of the congregation in addition to a funeral. In December, average Sunday attendance was down. Midweek service attendance was also down. Christmas Day service was well attended. No official acts for December. November left us down about $4,000 for the month. Going into December we were down $16,000 for the year. Our giving was increased, leaving us $85 up for the month. However, we ended the year about $8,000 in the red. There were no unbudgeted expenses for the year. The biggest individual expense was the new AC unit ($6,500). Eric motioned to approve the financial reports. Jo seconded. Motion approved.
- Wil assigned board liaisons as follows: Campus Ministry, Sharon Gibbons; Children’s Ministry, Zach Stephens; Elderberries, June Donaldson; Fellowship, Sue Gardner; Finance, Nancy Behm; Human Needs, Joel Sanford; Human Resources, Bruce Bachman; Lay Ministry, Pastor Nettleton; Outreach, Eric Gardner; Parish Education, Chuck Calvano; Preschool, Jo Fredin; Trustees, Grant Wolf; Worship, Sam Gardner; Youth, Sharon Gibbons. Wil asked each liaison to meet with their board and make sure member lists and board chairs are correct.
- Fellowship: The board has decided that there will be evening Lenten meals.
- Preschool: On January 22 the Preschool will present their new logo and mission statement to the congregation during the fellowship hour.
- Trustees: Leon Knox had an estimate to replace all of the lights in the building with more efficient LED lights. The estimate came in at $18,000, so Eric suggests converting them ourselves starting with the lights used most often. Eric and Grant will look into recent roof leaks.
Parish Administrator’s Report
- Off the Hook Arts Summerfest: A local non-profit is looking for a venue to hold a music/art camp this July for minimal cost. We have hosted them in the past with few issues. Zach proposed that is would be helpful to have a representative from Church present while they would be here. Bruce suggested we propose to them a fee that would include the cost of extra AC and extra custodial work. Tom and Jeannie will determine an appropriate fee.
- Automatic Paper cutter: Tom proposes we lease an automatic paper cutter for approximately $200/month. Zach will look into another option and this will be discussed next meeting.
- Memorial Garden: Still have issues to resolve before it can be presented.
- 2017 Executive Committee: President Wil Shimoda, Vice President Bruce Bachman, Teasurer Nancy Behm, Secretary Sam Gardner, and Council member Zach Stephens.
- Pastoral support: Should get together a committee to start the process for finding pastoral support for Pastor Nettleton. This position would likely start as a summer internship. Pastor Nettleton does know of one potential candidate.
- Note from the President: Wil would like to extend a welcome to our new Council members Chuck and Grant for agreeing to join us and to thank RoxAnn Karkoff-Schweizer, Ron Young and Tim Maxwell for their service.
Closed with the Lord’s Prayer at 7:00 PM.
The thirteen members of the Church Council are the “Board of Directors” of the congregation, tasked with general oversight of the life and activities of the congregation to the end that everything be done in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws.