- Written by Sam Gardner Sam Gardner
- Created: 04 January 2017 04 January 2017
The meeting was called to order at 6:10 PM. Pastor Nettleton opened with a devotion. Minutes were approved. The only official act for the month of October was a funeral. Bible study attendance has been up. For October we were ahead $461 due to a five-Sunday month. We are down about $12,500 for the year. Expenses have been as expected but income has not been as high as needed.
- Campus Ministry: Will soon try to gather a taskforce to help blend Peace With Christ and Saint John’s campus ministry efforts.
- Children’s Ministry: Sunday School is running quite smoothly and the kids are really enjoying it. Their upcoming service event will be helping with Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan’s Purse.
- Fellowship: November Eat and Greet potluck was well attended. The next one will be in February.
- Finance: Nothing to report.
- Human Needs: Food drive for Saint John’s Food Bank will begin shortly and continue through Thanksgiving. The Artisan Fair is this weekend and will support the Heseders.
- Lay Ministry: Nothing to report.
- Outreach: Thanks to all the helping hands for the reformation speaker and the men’s night. The event was well-attended.
- Parish Education: Nothing to report.
- Preschool: Finalizing new logo and would like to have final Council approval in December. Just had a fundraising bake sale that was very successful.
- Trustees: Many thanks to all who helped with the cleanup day last Saturday. Eric has fixed a few boiler issues.
- Worship: Met today and covered the upcoming Advent and Christmas schedule. Worship Arts has purchased two new banners.
- Youth: Had their first meeting on November 1 and planned a monthly event for the rest of the school year.
Parish Administrator’s Report
- Letter to Hageman’s: Tom wrote a thank you letter to Hageman’s for letting us take our yard refuse there. Will send it soon. Zach suggested sending them something in addition to this, such as breakfast burritos.
- Nominations: We have one nominee for Council President, but are still looking for a second. The rest of the nominations are looking good. Current nomination committee have information that they would like to pass on to next year’s committee. Tom will keep a record of this.
- Memorial/Prayer Garden: Will not be presented at the Congregation Meeting. There is not yet enough cost information to present.
- Congregation Meeting Time: Will be at 10:30 AM, November 20. We will still have Children’s Sunday School. We will order more breakfast burritos than we did last Spring.
- 2017 Budget: Tom reviewed any adjustments made to the budget since last meeting. Tom and Pastor Nettleton were excused so their salaries could be discussed in addition to the salaries of the rest of the staff. HR recommended a 3% increase for Pastor Nettleton, Tom, Jeannie and Don. Council sees fit to allow a $2,000 increase for Kandi. This will be over the projected break-even point for the Preschool at this point. Zach motioned to approve the budget for presentation to the congregation. Jo seconded. More discussion followed. Motion carried.
Closed with the Lord’s Prayer at 7:50 PM.
The thirteen members of the Church Council are the “Board of Directors” of the congregation, tasked with general oversight of the life and activities of the congregation to the end that everything be done in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws.