- Written by Nelly Sanford Nelly Sanford
- Created: 19 February 2016 19 February 2016
Saint John’s Board of Human Needs is collecting items for Lutheran World Relief’s Baby Care Kits. We will collect two items per week and all will be assembled on Palm Sunday. As you donate items, please place them in the baby box near the Welcome Center. Gently used or homemade is fine. Our goal is fifty Baby Care Kits for shipment around the world.
Lent Collection Schedule
- February 14: Two lightweight cotton t-shirts (not onesies); two long- or short-sleeved gowns or sleepers without feet. Sizes 6–24 months; an assortment of sizes is great.
- February 21: One jacket, sweater or sweatshirt with hood or baby cap; two pairs of socks.
- February 28: One dark hand towel; two bath-size bars of soap in original wrapping.
- March 6: Two receiving blankets, medium-weight, cotton or flannel, or crocheted or knitted with lightweight yarn, up to 52" square; four cloth diapers, flat fold. There are patterns by the baby box.
- March 13: Two diaper pins or large safety pins; any items you forgot in previous weeks! We will go through the donations and purchase any missing items to complete the kits.
Palm Sunday Assembly
During fellowship time (10–10:30 AM) on March 20 we will have all donations set out in the Large Fellowship Hall. We would love for you to come down and help assemble our fifty+ kits!
The Board of Human Needs finds opportunities for the members of Saint John’s to provide a Christian witness by helping people in the community struggling with daily necessities.