- Written by Tom Miles Tom Miles
- Created: 15 March 2018 15 March 2018
There's always something happening at Saint John's. Read on to keep on top of activities, signups and other opportunities!
New Life Festival
Families, come celebrate the resurrection at Saint John's at the New Life Festival, featuring live animals, face painting, egg coloring, crafts, games, a bouncy house and—throughout—the great Easter message! Saturday, March 31, at 10:00 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall. Registration is requested: please sign up at the table by the Welcome Center.
- Please bring an Easter basket for the 11:45 AM egg hunt.
- We need donations and volunteers! Please sign up at the table by the Welcome Center if you can help.
In a special service at the break of dawn we remember God's saving grace throughout human history, which culminated in the sacrificial gift of Christ Jesus and His resurrection from the grave. Sunday, April 1, at 6:30 AM in the Worship Center.
The Heseders will serve breakfast for a freewill offering to support missions. Sunday, April 1, at 7:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall.
- We could use your help! Please sign up at the Welcome Center if you can bake and bring an egg casserole or sweet bread for the meal. Please bring your items by 7:30 AM Easter morning.
Christ is risen—this fact informs all of our lives, for if God can raise Jesus from the dead, He can bring life to any situation; He can take away the fear of death. Sunday, April 1, at 9:00 AM in the Worship Center.
Third Thursday Potluck and Presentation
This month's presentation will be a northeast coast travelogue by Chuck and Kathi Calvano. Thursday, April 19, at Noon in the Small Fellowship Hall. Please bring a dish to share.
Spring Congregation Meeting
A finance review, board reports and other mid-year business are on the agenda. Sunday, April 22, at 10:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall. A light lunch will be provided.
- Active members who are eighteen or older and have signed the constitution are eligible to vote.
- Child care will be provided.
First Sunday “Eat and Greet” Potluck
Bring a dish to share and stick around after the Bible Study Hour to enjoy good food and fellowship at this picnic lunch hosted by the Board of Fellowship. Sunday, May 6, at 11:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall.
Preschool Spring Program
The preschool classes will be showing off the songs and talents they’ve been practicing through the spring semester—come see the fun! Thursday, May 17, at 6:30 PM in the Large Fellowship Hall.
Seeking Softball Players
We’re looking for players, especially women, for our summer softball team, the Eagles; contact Tom Miles in the church office if you’re interested! Games are Sunday afternoons or evenings, May 14 through August 14.
Registration is Open
Please invite your family and friends with three- to five-year olds (three years old by September 15) to consider Open Arms Christian Preschool for the 2017–2018 school year. More information and a registration form are available at the Welcome Center, or call Kandy Wise at 482-1357.
Help Make Blankets for LWR
Anyone with sewing skills is invited to come help make blankets and quilts for Lutheran World Relief and other community and international needs. Thursdays at 9:00 AM in the Small Fellowship Hall. Please join us!
Choir, Bell Choir and Band Rehearsals
Share your musical gifts with the congregation by adding your voice to the choir, bell choir or band—we're always seeking new musicians, experienced or not, interested in lending their talents to help lead worship at Saint John's. Thursdays: Choir meets at 5:30 PM in the Music Room; Bell Choir meets at 6:30 PM in Room 302; Band meets at 7:30 PM in the Worship Center. Contact Tom Miles for more details or with questions.
Newsletter Publishing/Article Submission Schedule
This newsletter is published ten times per year.
- The first issue of the year is the late-January/February issue, published January 15 (articles due by January 1). The cover theme is “Love” (unless Lent begins early).
- The second issue of the year is the March issue, published March 1 (articles due by February 16). Cover theme is “Lent” unless Easter is in March.
- The April issue is published April 1 (articles due by March 16). The cover theme is “Easter” (if Easter is in March, the theme will be “Spring”).
- We publish the May issue on May 1 (articles due by April 16). The cover theme is “Pentecost.”
- The June issue comes out June 1 (articles due by May 16). The cover theme is “Missions.”
- For the late summer, we run a combo July/August issue published July 1 (articles due by June 16) with a cover theme of “Summer.”
- The September issue is published September 1 (articles due by August 16). It’s back-to-school time, so the cover theme is “Christian Education.”
- We publish the October issue October 1 (articles due by September 16). The cover theme is “Reformation.”
- The November issue covers the end of the ordinary church year and the beginning of Advent. It is published November 1 (articles due by October 16). The cover theme is “Thanksgiving.”
- The December/Early January issue is the last issue of the year, and covers Christmas celebrations and the new year. It is published December 1 (articles due by November 16). The cover theme is “Christmas.”
We’re always interested in using members’ photography for our newsletter covers. Please submit any picture you think would fit these themes!