- Written by Tom Miles Tom Miles
- Created: 05 May 2017 05 May 2017
There's always something happening at Saint John's. Read on to keep on top of activities, signups and other opportunities!
The church celebrates its birthday on Pentecost, recalling the drama of Acts, as the Spirit came to the disciples in rushing wind and tongues of flame and enabled them to go out and preach the Good News. Sunday, June 4, at 9:00 AM in the Worship Center. It's traditional to wear red on Pentecost, as a symbol of the renewing fire of the Holy Spirit.
Register Now for Mighty Fortress Vacation Bible School
Registration is open for children age three through sixth grade who want to come along with us as we sing fun songs, do crazy crafts, eat yummy snacks, play awesome games and learn about Jesus, our champion who has won the victory! Monday, June 5, through Thursday, June 8, 9:00 AM to Noon. Invite your friends and family—we can’t wait to see you there!
- Registration forms available after the service, at the table by the Welcome Center or at www.StJohnsFC.org.
- Registration is free; early registration is appreciated!
- Be a part of this year’s VBS, whether you can volunteer (full- or part-time, we have many ways to help to suit your schedule and interests) or help us fill our list of VBS needs! Visit the registration table by the Welcome Center to find out how you can help be a part of this summer’s exciting VBS!
Alpha Center Baby Bottle Fundraiser
On Mother’s Day we handed out empty baby bottles for you to fill with change (or cash, or checks) to support our community sexual and pregnancy resource center; if you missed it, you can pick up a bottle at the Welcome Center! Please return the bottles to the Welcome Center by Father’s Day (June 18).
Support Your Saint John’s Eagles Softball Team
It’s always great having a supportive crowd! Please watch the bulletin for last-minute updates and changes.
- June 4, 5:20 PM at Lee Martinez Park, east field
- June 11, 7:10 PM at Lee Martinez Park, east field
- June 18,4:25 PM at Lee Martinez Park, east field
- June 25, 6:15 PM at Fossil Creek Park, east field
- July 9, 5:20 PM at Fossil Creek Park, east field
- July 16, 8:05 PM at Fossil Creek Park, east field
- July 23, 6:15 PM at Fossil Creek Park, east field
- July 30, 7:10 and 8:05 PM double-header at Lee Martinez Park, east field
- Playoffs (at Fossil Creek Park, east field) begin August 6 and, depending on how the team does, continue August 13.
No Third Thursday Event in June or July
Remember, Elderberries, there is no Third Thursday event in June or July. We will resume activities in August with a Third Thursday Event and the annual trip to a Rockies game.
Colorado Rockies Faith Day
Sign up at the Welcome Center today for this summer Rockies game (versus the Phillies) and concert by Newsboys. Sunday, August 6; game at 1:10 PM with concert to follow. We will carpool from the church.
Help Make Blankets for LWR
Anyone with sewing skills is invited to come help make blankets and quilts for Lutheran World Relief and other community and international needs. Thursdays at 9:00 AM in the Small Fellowship Hall. Please join us any time!
Newsletter Publishing/Article Submission Schedule
This newsletter is published ten times per year.
- The first issue of the year is the Late January/February issue, published January 15 (articles due by January 1). The cover theme is “Love” (unless Lent begins early).
- The second issue of the year is the March issue, published March 1 (articles due by February 16). Cover theme is “Lent” unless Easter is in March.
- The April issue is published April 1 (articles due by March 16). The cover theme is “Easter” (if Easter is in March, the theme will be “Spring”).
- We publish the May issue on May 1 (articles due by April 16). The cover theme is “Pentecost.”
- The June issue comes out June 1 (articles due by May 16). The cover theme is “Missions.”
- For the late summer, we run a combo July/August issue published July 1 (articles due by June 16) with a cover theme of “Summer.”
- The September issue is published September 1 (articles due by August 16). It’s back-to-school time, so the cover theme is “Christian Education.”
- We publish the October issue October 1 (articles due by September 16). The cover theme is “Reformation.”
- The November issue covers the end of the ordinary church year and the beginning of Advent. It is published November 1 (articles due by October 16). The cover theme is “Thanksgiving.”
- The December/Early January issue is the last issue of the year, and covers Christmas celebrations and the new year. It is published December 1 (articles due by November 16). The cover theme is “Christmas.”
We’re always interested in using members’ photography for our newsletter covers. Please submit any picture you think would fit these themes!