- Written by Tom Miles Tom Miles
- Created: 15 April 2017 15 April 2017
There's always something happening at Saint John's. Read on to keep on top of activities, signups and other opportunities!
Rite of Confirmation and First Communion
On May 7 we will celebrate the Rite of Confirmation and receive our catechumens into full membership.
First Sunday “Eat and Greet” Potluck
Bring a dish to share and stick around after the Bible Study Hour to enjoy good food and fellowship at this picnic lunch hosted by the Board of Fellowship. May 7 at 11:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall.
Alpha Center Baby Bottle Fundraiser
On Mother’s Day (May 14) we will hand out empty baby bottles for you to fill with change (or cash, or checks) to support our community sexual and pregnancy resource center. Please return the bottles to the Welcome Center by Father’s Day (June 18).
Third Thursday Potluck and Presentation
Come share lunch and a follow-up presentation by The Conversation Project that will give you good tools to have discussions with your loved ones about your end-of-life care. Thursday, May 18, at Noon in the Large Fellowship Hall. Please bring a dish to share.
Church Office Closed
We will be closed Memorial Day. Monday, May 29. Normal hours resume Tuesday.
Food and Clothing Bank
Our volunteers serve those in need of food or clothing; we are always seeking donations of non-perishable food items, new or gently-used clothing and small household items to stock the shelves. Tuesdays from 9:00 to 11:30 AM in the Small Fellowship Hall. Drop off donations in the basket by the Welcome Center.
Help Make Blankets for LWR
Anyone with sewing skills is invited to come help make blankets and quilts for Lutheran World Relief and other community and international needs. Thursdays at 9:00 AM in the Small Fellowship Hall. Please join us any Thursday.
Registration is Open
Please invite your family and friends with three- to five-year olds (three years old by September 15) to consider Open Arms Christian Preschool for the 2017–2018 school year. More information and a registration form are available at www.OpenArmsFC.org, or call Kandy Wise at 482-1357.
Pizza Palz Cards Available in the Church Office
For just $11, you can purchase a card good for an Old Chicago pizza of up to $25 while supporting the preschool! Call or stop by the church office to purchase.
Give to Open Arms through “Amazon Smile”
Amazon shoppers, log in to your Amazon account and then visit < smile.amazon.com > to give 0.5% of every Amazon purchase you make to Open Arms Christian Preschool. Search for “Open Arms Christian Preschool, Fort Collins” or just go straight to smile.amazon.com/ch/84-0450786 to set up giving.
Thrivent Members Needed
If you are a Thrivent member and have not been involved in an Action Team project, please contact Jeannie or Tom in the church office for information on how to get involved. We have a lot of project ideas and want to put your Thrivent membership to work!
Worship Stream Available
If you are sick, stuck at home or on vacation, you can still join Saint John's worship services via the internet! Go to www.StJohnsFC.org and click the “Worship Stream” link to watch and listen to the service live.
Newsletter Publishing/Article Submission Schedule
This newsletter is published ten times per year.
- The first issue of the year is the Late January/February issue, published January 15 (articles due by January 1). The cover theme is “Love” (unless Lent begins early).
- The second issue of the year is the March issue, published March 1 (articles due by February 16). Cover theme is “Lent” unless Easter is in March.
- The April issue is published April 1 (articles due by March 16). The cover theme is “Easter” (if Easter is in March, the theme will be “Spring”).
- We publish the May issue on May 1 (articles due by April 16). The cover theme is “Pentecost.”
- The June issue comes out June 1 (articles due by May 16). The cover theme is “Missions.”
- For the late summer, we run a combo July/August issue published July 1 (articles due by June 16) with a cover theme of “Summer.”
- The September issue is published September 1 (articles due by August 16). It’s back-to-school time, so the cover theme is “Christian Education.”
- We publish the October issue October 1 (articles due by September 16). The cover theme is “Reformation.”
- The November issue covers the end of the ordinary church year and the beginning of Advent. It is published November 1 (articles due by October 16). The cover theme is “Thanksgiving.”
- The December/Early January issue is the last issue of the year, and covers Christmas celebrations and the new year. It is published December 1 (articles due by November 16). The cover theme is “Christmas.”
We’re always interested in using members’ photography for our newsletter covers. Please submit any picture you think would fit these themes!