- Written by Tom Miles Tom Miles
- Created: 15 February 2017 15 February 2017
There's always something happening at Saint John's. Read on to keep on top of activities, signups and other opportunities!
Feed My Starving Children Volunteer Event
Sign up at the Welcome Center to join the Saint John’s group that will be assembling packages of food to be sent to starving children around the world—or donate to the cause! Saturday, March 4, at 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM; meet at church to carpool to The Ranch. Donations should be made to Saint John’s with a note that they are for “Feed My Starving Children.”
Daylight Savings Begins
Remember that it’s time to “spring forward” Saturday night March 11/Sunday morning March 12!
Registration is Open
Please invite your family and friends with three- to five-year olds (three years old by September 15) to consider Open Arms Christian Preschool for the 2017–2018 school year. More information and a registration form are available at www.OpenArmsFC.org, or call Kandy Wise at 482-1357.
First Sunday “Eat and Greet” Potluck
Bring a dish to share and stick around after the Bible Study Hour to enjoy good food and fellowship at this picnic lunch hosted by the Board of Fellowship. Sunday, March 5, at 11:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall.
Open Arms March Notes
We've had a great year so far here at Open Arms! The preschoolers will spend March learning about Dr. Seuss, dinosaurs, insects, Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tales!
We will also be having our first intergenerational music activity, led by a graduate student at CSU. One March 27, a van full of residents from Brookdale Senior Living will come to Open Arms for a special music activity with the children. We will have more opportunities to interact with our new senior friends before summer, and we are super excited about the opportunity!
Choir, Bell Choir and Band Rehearsals
Share your musical gifts with the congregation by adding your voice to the choir, bell choir or band—we're always seeking new musicians, experienced or not, interested in lending their talents to help lead worship at Saint John's. Thursdays; Choir meets at 5:30 PM in the Music Room; Bell Choir meets at 6:30 PM in Room 302; Band meets at 7:30 PM in the Worship Center. Contact Tom Miles for more details or with questions.
Help Needed to Make Blankets for LWR
Anyone with sewing skills is invited to come help make blankets and quilts for Lutheran World Relief and other community and international needs. Thursdays at 9:00 AM in the Small Fellowship Hall. Please join us!
Seeking Softball Players
We’re looking for players, especially women, for our summer softball team, the Eagles; contact Tom Miles in the church office if you’re interested! The season runs May 14 through August 14.
Newsletter Publishing/Article Submission Schedule
This newsletter is published ten times per year.
- The first issue of the year is the Late January/February issue, published January 15 (articles due by January 1). The cover theme is “Love” (unless Lent begins early).
- The second issue of the year is the March issue, published March 1 (articles due by February 16). Cover theme is “Lent” unless Easter is in March.
- The April issue is published April 1 (articles due by March 16). The cover theme is “Easter” (if Easter is in March, the theme will be “Spring”).
- We publish the May issue on May 1 (articles due by April 16). The cover theme is “Pentecost.”
- The June issue comes out June 1 (articles due by May 16). The cover theme is “Missions.”
- For the late summer, we run a combo July/August issue published July 1 (articles due by June 16) with a cover theme of “Summer.”
- The September issue is published September 1 (articles due by August 16). It’s back-to-school time, so the cover theme is “Christian Education.”
- We publish the October issue October 1 (articles due by September 16). The cover theme is “Reformation.”
- The November issue covers the end of the ordinary church year and the beginning of Advent. It is published November 1 (articles due by October 16). The cover theme is “Thanksgiving.”
- The December/Early January issue is the last issue of the year, and covers Christmas celebrations and the new year. It is published December 1 (articles due by November 16). The cover theme is “Christmas.”
We’re always interested in using members’ photography for our newsletter covers. Please submit any picture you think would fit these themes!