- Written by Tom Miles Tom Miles
- Created: 26 September 2016 26 September 2016
There's always something happening at Saint John's. Read on to keep on top of activities, signups and other opportunities!
First Sunday “Eat and Greet” Potluck
Bring a dish to share and stick around after the Bible Study Hour to enjoy good food and fellowship at this picnic lunch hosted by the Board of Fellowship. Sunday, October 2, at 11:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall.
Mission Guild Meeting
All ladies of the congregation are most welcome to join the Mission Guild (Lutheran Women in Mission) for this meeting—we love to see new faces! Tuesday, October 4, at 7:00 PM in Room 301. We will finalize plans for the Fall Fair and LWML Sunday and have a short Bible study.
Christlife Campus Ministry at Theology on Tap
We celebrate the work of our Mission Guild and of the Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML), who give their mites and tireless service to mission and ministry around the world. Sunday, October 9, at 9:00 AM in the Worship Center. The Mission Guild meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm; all women are invited to join them for fellowship and service.
Flu Shot Clinic at Saint John’s
An annual flu vaccination is an important step in staying healthy while doing your part to keep others healthy as well, and this year you can get your shots right here at the church. Wednesday, October 12, at 10:30 to 11:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall. Quadravalent flu shot $35, Trivalent flu shot $25, Tdap $65, Tetanus $45; cash, credit, check or Medicare Part B (card required) accepted.
Christlife Campus Ministry Escape Room Night
Annual Women’s Retreat
This year’s theme is “Sweet Life Café,” where we will slow down and savor time with God at the beautiful Primrose Studio in Northwest Fort Collins; come to rest, laugh, share and grow closer to each other and God. Saturday, October 15, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at Primrose Studio (Michaud Ln off of Overland Trail). $35; Sign up at the Welcome Center by October 9.
Seeking Volunteers for Artisan Fair and Bazaar
Christlife Campus Ministry Lecture on Culture Wars
Help Needed to Make Blankets for LWR
Anyone with sewing skills is invited to come help make blankets and quilts for Lutheran World Relief and other community and international needs. Thursdays at 9:00 AM in the Small Fellowship Hall. Please join us!
Choir, Bell Choir and Band Rehearsals
Share your musical gifts with the congregation by adding your voice to the choir, bell choir or band—we're always seeking new musicians, experienced or not, interested in lending their talents to help lead worship at Saint John's. Choir meets at 5:30 PM in the Worship Center; Bell Choir meets at 6:30 PM in Room 302; Band meets at 7:30 PM in the Worship Center. Contact Tom Miles for more details or with questions.
Newsletter Publishing/Article Submission Schedule
This newsletter is published ten times per year.
- The first issue of the year is the February issue, published February 1 (articles due by January 16). The cover theme is “Love” unless “Lent” begins early.
- The second issue of the year is the March issue, published March 1 (articles due by February 16). Cover theme is “Lent” unless Easter is in March.
- The April issue is published April 1 (articles due by March 16). The cover theme is “Easter” (if Easter is in March, the theme will be “Spring”).
- We publish the May issue on May 1 (articles due by April 16). The cover theme is “Pentecost.”
- The June issue comes out June 1 (articles due by May 16). The cover theme is “Missions.”
- For the late summer, we run a combo July/August issue published July 1 (articles due by June 16) with a cover theme of “Summer.”
- The September issue is published September 1 (articles due by August 16). It’s back-to-school time, so the cover theme is “Christian Education.”
- We publish the October issue October 1 (articles due by September 16). The cover theme is “Reformation.”
- The November issue covers the end of the ordinary church year and the beginning of Advent. It is published November 1 (articles due by October 16). The cover theme is “Thanksgiving.”
- The December/January issue is the last issue of the year, and covers Christmas celebrations and the new year. It is published December 1 (articles due by November 16). The cover theme is “Christmas.”
We’re always interested in using members’ photography for our newsletter covers. Please submit any picture you think would fit these themes!