- Written by Tom Miles Tom Miles
- Created: 18 August 2016 18 August 2016
There's always something happening at Saint John's. Read on to keep on top of activities, signups and other opportunities!
Help Needed to Make Blankets for LWR
Anyone with sewing skills is invited to come help make blankets and quilts for Lutheran World Relief and other community and international needs. 9:00 AM in the Small Fellowship Hall. Please join us any Thursday beginning September 1.
Church Office Closed
We will be closed Labor Day. Monday, September 5. Normal hours resume September 6.
Choir, Bell Choir and Band Rehearsals
Share your musical gifts with the congregation by adding your voice to the choir, bell choir or band—we're always seeking new musicians, experienced or not, interested in lending their talents to help lead worship at Saint John's. Rehearsals begin Thursday, September 8. Choir meets at 5:30 PM in the Worship Center; Bell Choir meets at 6:30 PM in Room 302; Band meets at 7:30 PM in the Worship Center. Contact Tom Miles for more details or with questions.
Christian Education Sunday
As Sunday School and confirmation classes resume, it is a good time to reflect on our study of God's word, so we will kick off the new season with a special celebration of Christian Education for students of all ages. Sunday, September 11.
Regular second-Tuesday meeting. Tuesday, September 13, at 6:00 PM in Room 302.
Third Thursday Potluck and Presentation
Join the Elderberries for food and a slide presentation by Chuck and Kathi Calvano on their recent cruise to Australia and China. Thursday, September 15, at Noon in the Small Fellowship Hall.
One More Rockies Game!
The Fellowship Board has fifteen tickets to the Rockies/Padres game on September 18, and invite you to come along; just $20 for some nice seats under cover. Sunday, September 18. We will carpool from the church parking lot at 11:30 AM for the 2:10 game. Sign up at the Welcome Center.
22nd Annual Older Adult Gathering
The theme is “God’s Plan for My Life” and will feature five interesting speakers. Monday, September 19, at Bethlehem Lutheran (Lakewood). Call Diane at 493-3331 for registration details.
Peru Mission Presentation
The team from Saint John’s that worked in the village of Nueva Palestina in July will share stories and photos from their experience in the jungle of Peru. Sunday, September 25, at 10:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall.
First Sunday “Eat and Greet” Potluck
Bring a dish to share and stick around after the Bible Study Hour to enjoy good food and fellowship at this picnic lunch hosted by the Board of Fellowship. Sunday, October 2, at 11:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall.
This year’s Fall Fair, on LWML Sunday, will feature a freewill brunch and bake sale. Sunday, October 9, at 12:00 AM in . No craft or quilt sale this year.
Newsletter Publishing/Article Submission Schedule
This newsletter is published ten times per year.
- The first issue of the year is the February issue, published February 1 (articles due by January 16). The cover theme is “Love” unless “Lent” begins early.
- The second issue of the year is the March issue, published March 1 (articles due by February 16). Cover theme is “Lent” unless Easter is in March.
- The April issue is published April 1 (articles due by March 16). The cover theme is “Easter” (if Easter is in March, the theme will be “Spring”).
- We publish the May issue on May 1 (articles due by April 16). The cover theme is “Pentecost.”
- The June issue comes out June 1 (articles due by May 16). The cover theme is “Missions.”
- For the late summer, we run a combo July/August issue published July 1 (articles due by June 16) with a cover theme of “Summer.”
- The September issue is published September 1 (articles due by August 16). It’s back-to-school time, so the cover theme is “Christian Education.”
- We publish the October issue October 1 (articles due by September 16). The cover theme is “Reformation.”
- The November issue covers the end of the ordinary church year and the beginning of Advent. It is published November 1 (articles due by October 16). The cover theme is “Thanksgiving.”
- The December/January issue is the last issue of the year, and covers Christmas celebrations and the new year. It is published December 1 (articles due by November 16). The cover theme is “Christmas.”
We’re always interested in using members’ photography for our newsletter covers. Please submit any picture you think would fit these themes!