- Written by Tom Miles Tom Miles
- Created: 17 June 2016 17 June 2016
There's always something happening at Saint John's. Read on to keep on top of activities, signups and other opportunities!
Church Office Closed
We will be closed Monday for the Independence Day holiday. Normal hours resume July 5.
Colorado Rockies Faith Day
Sign up at the Welcome Center today for this summer Rockies game (versus the Marlins) and concert by David Crowder. Sunday, August 7, at Game at 2:10 PM, concert follows. We will carpool from the church.
Elderberries Rockies Game
Join the Elderberries to see the Rockies play the Dodgers. The van leaves Saint John’s at 10:30 AM for the 1:00 PM game. Just $12 for game ticket (under the canopy) and transportation (we’re renting a van). Please talk with Wil or call the church office by August 15 to pay and reserve your spot.
Come cheer on your Saint John’s Eagles, who are 5–1 so far this year!
- July 10, 7:10 PM, Fossil Creek Park, West Field
- July 17, 4:25 PM, Fossil Creek Park, West Field
- July 24, 8:05 PM, Lee Martinez Park, West Field
We will also be playing on July 31 and—potentially—August 7, depending on how far we get through the post-season. Watch the bulletin for details!
Please contact Tom Miles in the church office if you’re interested in playing!
This year’s Fall Fair, on LWML Sunday (October 9), will feature a freewill brunch and bake sale. No craft or quilt sale this year.
Open Arms Christian Preschool Registration is Open
Please invite your family and friends with three- to five-year olds (three years old by September 15) to consider Open Arms Christian Preschool for the 2016–2017 school year. More information and a registration form are available at www.OpenArmsFC.org, or call Kandy Wise at 482-1357.
Pizza Palz Cards Available in the Church Office
For just $11 your can purchase a card good for an Old Chicago pizza of up to $22 while supporting the preschool! Call or stop by the church office to purchase.
Give to Open Arms Through “Amazon Smile”
Amazon shoppers, log in to your Amazon account and then visit < smile.amazon.com > to give 0.5% of every Amazon purchase you make to Open Arms Christian Preschool via Saint John's Lutheran. Search for “Open Arms Christian Preschool, Fort Collins” to set up giving.
Direct Your Thrivent Choice Dollars
Eligible members of Thrivent Financial, don't forget to direct your Choice Dollars for last quarter to Saint John's or the organization of your choice. Stop by the Welcome Center for a form, call Thrivent or visit www.Thrivent.com to make sure that this money doesn't just disappear!
Food and Clothing Bank
Our volunteers serve those in need of food or clothing; we are always seeking donations of non-perishable food items, new or gently-used clothing and small household items to stock the shelves. Tuesdays from 9:00 to 11:30 AM in the Small Fellowship Hall. Drop off donations in the basket by the Welcome Center.
Worship Stream Available
If you are sick, stuck at home or on vacation, you can still join Saint John's worship services via the internet! Go to www.StJohnsFC.org and click the “Worship Stream” link to watch and listen to the service live.
Newsletter Publishing/Article Submission Schedule
This newsletter is published ten times per year.
- The first issue of the year is the February issue, published February 1 (articles due by January 16). The cover theme is “Love” unless “Lent” begins early.
- The second issue of the year is the March issue, published March 1 (articles due by February 16). Cover theme is “Lent” unless Easter is in March.
- The April issue is published April 1 (articles due by March 16). The cover theme is “Easter” (if Easter is in March, the theme will be “Spring”).
- We publish the May issue on May 1 (articles due by April 16). The cover theme is “Pentecost.”
- The June issue comes out June 1 (articles due by May 16). The cover theme is “Missions.”
- For the late summer, we run a combo July/August issue published July 1 (articles due by June 16) with a cover theme of “Summer.”
- The September issue is published September 1 (articles due by August 16). It’s back-to-school time, so the cover theme is “Christian Education.”
- We publish the October issue October 1 (articles due by September 16). The cover theme is “Reformation.”
- The November issue covers the end of the ordinary church year and the beginning of Advent. It is published November 1 (articles due by October 16). The cover theme is “Thanksgiving.”
- The December/January issue is the last issue of the year, and covers Christmas celebrations and the new year. It is published December 1 (articles due by November 16). The cover theme is “Christmas.”
We’re always interested in using members’ photography for our newsletter covers. Please submit any picture you think would fit these themes!