- Written by Tom Miles Tom Miles
- Created: 17 March 2016 17 March 2016
There's always something happening at Saint John's. Read on to keep on top of activities, signups and other opportunities!
Spring Congregation Meeting
A finance review, board reports and other mid-year business are on the agenda. Sunday, April 17, at 10:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall. A light lunch will be provided.
Active members who are eighteen or older and have signed the constitution are eligible to vote. Child care will be provided.
Colorado Rockies Faith Day
Sign up at the Welcome Center today for this summer Rockies game (versus the Marlins) and concert by David Crowder. Sunday, August 7. The game is at 2:10 PM, the concert follows. We will carpool from the church.
First Sunday “Eat and Greet” Potluck
Bring a dish to share and stick around after the Bible Study Hour to enjoy good food and fellowship at this picnic lunch hosted by the Board of Fellowship. April 3 at 11:30 AM in the Large Fellowship Hall.
ChristLife Student Retreat
April 15–16 all students are invited to join the ChristLife campus group in Estes Park for a retreat and study on “Heaven: Challenging our Common Assumptions” presented by Pastor Melius of Mount Zion Lutheran, Northglenn. Gather at 5:00 PM on Friday and all day Saturday in Mount Calvary Lutheran. Visit the “ChristLife Fort Collins” Facebook group page for more information.
Anyone interested in spending some time painting alongside fellow artists—of all skill levels—is invited to come join us on the second Tuesday of each month. 1:00 PM in Room 302.
Wyatt Poole Selling Coffee for School Trip to Guatemala
Wyatt Poole, a ninth grader at Poudre High School, will be selling Guatemalan coffee to help raise money for a school trip to Guatemala to develop his leadership and Spanish language skills in the Global Leaders program. Please find Wyatt or his mom, Cheryl, if you’re interested in providing him support for this servant trip.
Registration is Open
Please invite your family and friends with three- to five-year olds (three years old by September 15) to consider Open Arms Christian Preschool for the 2016–2017 school year. More information and a registration form are available at www.OpenArmsFC.org, or call Kandy Wise at 482-1357.
Give to Open Arms Through “Amazon Smile”
Amazon shoppers, log in to your Amazon account and then visit < smile.amazon.com > to give 0.5% of every Amazon purchase you make to Open Arms Christian Preschool via Saint John's Lutheran. Search for “Saint John’s Lutheran, Fort Collins” to set up giving.
Worship Stream Available
If you are sick, stuck at home or on vacation, you can still join Saint John's worship services via the internet! Go to www.StJohnsFC.org and click the “Worship Stream” link to watch and listen to the service live.
Eyeglass and Hearing Aid Donations
The Lion’s Club distributes your donations of used eyeglasses and used hearing aids to those in need around the world. Drop your donation off in the drawer at the Welcome Center.
Third Thursday Potluck and Presentation
The program will be “Search and Rescue” presented by Jill Reynolds. Thursday, April 21, at Noon in the Large Fellowship Hall. Please bring a dish to share!
Newsletter Publishing/Article Submission Schedule
This newsletter is published ten times per year.
- The first issue of the year is the February issue, published February 1 (articles due by January 16). The cover theme is “Love” unless “Lent” begins early.
- The second issue of the year is the March issue, published March 1 (articles due by February 16). Cover theme is “Lent” unless Easter is in March.
- The April issue is published April 1 (articles due by March 16). The cover theme is “Easter” (if Easter is in March, the theme will be “Spring”).
- We publish the May issue on May 1 (articles due by April 16). The cover theme is “Pentecost.”
- The June issue comes out June 1 (articles due by May 16). The cover theme is “Missions.”
- For the late summer, we run a combo July/August issue published July 1 (articles due by June 16) with a cover theme of “Summer.”
- The September issue is published September 1 (articles due by August 16). It’s back-to-school time, so the cover theme is “Christian Education.”
- We publish the October issue October 1 (articles due by September 16). The cover theme is “Reformation.”
- The November issue covers the end of the ordinary church year and the beginning of Advent. It is published November 1 (articles due by October 16). The cover theme is “Thanksgiving.”
- The December/January issue is the last issue of the year, and covers Christmas celebrations and the new year. It is published December 1 (articles due by November 16). The cover theme is “Christmas.”
We’re always interested in using members’ photography for our newsletter covers. Please submit any picture you think would fit these themes!