- Written by Sam Gardner Sam Gardner
- Created: 15 November 2016 15 November 2016
The meeting was called to order at 6:10 PM. Pastor Nettleton opened with a devotion from Second Timothy. September minutes were approved with minor corrections. No Official Acts for September. Our attendance has been down since summer; this is also reflected in bible study attendance. There are a few over-budget items for the month. Lower attendance is contributing to lower offering. We ended the month $1,000 in the black and now down about $13,000 for the year. Financials approved.
- Campus Ministry: Group is up and running. Michael Groves says there are seven or eight students in the bible study. Hannah Walters (Peace With Christ) has a number of activities scheduled.
- Children’s Ministry: The kids are singing on October 23 and the Christmas program planning will begin shortly.
- Elderberries: Have a board meeting tomorrow and hosting a flu-shot clinic tomorrow.
- Fellowship: Had the first Eat and Greet potluck of the Fall. The next one will be November 6. No further thought into continuation of Advent meals.
- Human Resources: Nothing to report.
- Lay Ministry: Nothing to report.
- Outreach: Met Tuesday. Starting publicity for Reformation speaker on November 3. Will also be hosting a Men’s Night November 4 with Dr. Scott Keith.
- Parish Education: Nothing to report.
- Preschool: Met earlier today and are continuing to work on re-branding and the new mission statement. We have 22 children in the classes, so things are still looking very good. We are continuing to work on getting the Colorado Shines rankings.
- Trustees: Have not yet sent a thank you note to Hageman. The sacristy stair railing has been painted and routine boiler maintenance has been completed. Fall clean-up has been scheduled for November 6. Received a quote to repair sidewalk outside the office and will use money in exterior maintenance budget to complete the project.
- Worship: Nothing to report.
- Youth: First youth board meeting will be on October 25th. First event last Sunday at Fort Fun.
Parish Administrator’s Report
- Emergency Assistance Fund: We have a dedicated emergency assistance fund that is used, if needed. We also budget $200 for emergency assistance. Propose to put this budgeted $200 into the dedicated emergency assistance fund at the end of the year. We will revisit this topic in December when we know where the budget stands.
- Prayer/Memorial Garden: Are not as far along as we hoped with the bids so no official vote will be made at Congregation Meeting.
- 2017 Budget Draft Proposal: Tom reviewed the budget proposal for 2017. Will have payroll input from Board of Human Resources next month.
- Congregation Meeting: Ron would like board liaisons to have written updates for their boards.
- Nominations: Committee has met and continues to find candidates to fill Council positions. Still need to find candidates for officer positions. According to the bylaws, there needs to be two people on the ballot for each officer position.
- Foundation: Has recently met and will give a status report at the Congregation Meeting. Will propose to the congregation how the Wente Estate funds should be delegated in accordance with the Ms. Wente’s will. There will be a congregation vote to agree to this.
- Refreshments: Will provide food for Congregation Meeting.
Closed with the Lord’s Prayer at 7:40 PM.
The thirteen members of the Church Council are the “Board of Directors” of the congregation, tasked with general oversight of the life and activities of the congregation to the end that everything be done in accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws.