- Written by Saint John's Saint John's
- Created: February 19 2023 February 19 2023
Part-time approximately 15-20 hours
To apply, please send resume to: Saint John's Lutheran Church Email
About the job:
St. John’s Lutheran Church is seeking a part-time administrative assistant to work in the church office and provide administrative support for the Pastor and staff.
The Admin Assistant supports the operation of the church office and assists the Pastor, staff, officers, board and committee members, and volunteers with a variety of administrative duties. The Admin Assistant receives members, visitors and vendors in person, by phone or email. The Admin Assistant prepares publications, communications, and general office documents. The Admin Assistant oversees the church facility maintenance and operation and coordinates activities with the Board of Trustees. The Admin Assistant oversees volunteers and related activities. The Admin Assistant must handle sensitive information with discretion and empathy maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors in person in a polite professional manner
- Answer the telephone in a polite professional manner, direct people appropriately, answer questions and take accurate messages
- Check and manage voicemail and email throughout the day
- Greet vendors, receive deliveries and sort and distribute mail daily
- Update church email groups as member changes occur
- Update phone greetings and messages
General Office Duties –
- Create and publish service bulletins for all services including weekly services, funerals, weddings and special services and events by assigned deadlines
- Prepare miscellaneous bulletin inserts
- Create and mail the monthly newsletter by assigned deadlines
- Create and mail seasonal postcards
- Prepare other documents, booklets and materials as requested
- Order office supplies as needed
- Maintain organization of electronic files
- Update social media website as changes occur
- Run background checks as requested by HR
- Maintain shredding of sensitive information
- Other office duties as needed
Facility Management –
- Oversee outside groups who use the church building
- Schedule and manage cleaners
- Schedule maintenance contracts and vendors
- Oversee maintenance of church computers, office equipment and musical instruments
- Assist with management of the columbarium including purchases and ordering plate inscriptions
Volunteer Management –
- Schedule worship service volunteers.
- Schedule and manage weekly office volunteers. Coordinate spring and fall cleanup days with Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate volunteer events with the appropriate board or staff.
Education and Experience
- College degree preferred or related coursework
- 2 years of previous office administrative experience preferred
- Knowledge of the operation of standard office equipment
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Adobe and Google Docs
- Internet skills including the use of e-mail, group messaging and research
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills; ability to take direction
- Strong attention to detail; focus on accuracy, consistency, and quality of work; high degree of integrity and reliability
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Ability to write, speak, read and understand English
- Ability to pass a criminal and background check Key Competencies
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiples tasks and flexibility in terms of assignments
- Functions well within a team environment
- Organization and planning skills
- Problem solving ability
- Highly motivated
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position. This position will be located in the church office in Fort Collins. Salary range is $17-$20/hour and will depend on experience level.
- Benefits include paid time off (PTO) and other benefits required by statute.
Disclaimer This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all skills and working conditions. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about the job. In no event shall the job description be construed to represent a contract of employment. St. John’s Lutheran Church maintains at-will= employment, where either party is free to dissolve the relationship at any time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement St. John’s Lutheran Church is an equal-opportunity employer. Discrimination in the hiring or employment of individuals based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and disability, veteran’s status, age or genetic information is illegal and will not be tolerated. St. John’s Lutheran Church will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees as required by lawTo apply, please send resume to: Saint John's Lutheran Church Email