Open Arms Christian Preschool is a four-star Colorado Shines school! We have a Level 4 rating, a testament to our commitment to providing a high-quality learning environment that supports the development of Fort Collins children. This Colorado Shines rating is one way that Open Arms demonstrates its quality and dedication to continually improving the services it offers.
Growing research shows that the early years are essential to child development. In fact, neuroscientists have shown that the first five years have the greatest potential for setting a strong foundation for lifelong learning and health. During that time, children’s brains are developing at rapid rates with a million new neural connections being formed every second. This makes it important for families to connect with quality child care programs and preschools like Open Arms that support child development.
Colorado Shines is a free service offered through the Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Early Childhood. It rates Colorado’s early care and learning programs, connects families with quality programs and helps early care and learning programs improve their quality. The program looks at how early learning programs:
- Support children’s health and safety.
- Ensure their early childhood professionals are well-trained and effective.
- Provide a supportive learning environment that teaches children new skills.
- Help parents become partners in their child’s learning.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and business practices.
Our Level 4 rating demonstrates our program is licensed and in good standing, plus it has:
- A quality improvement plan in place,
- Conducted the Level 2 quality indicator program assessment.
- Completed Colorado Shines Level 2 e-learning courses,
- Registered staff in the Colorado Shines Professional Development and Information System, and
- Been assessed and rated a Level 4 by a Colorado Shines Quality Ratings Assessor based on:
- Workforce qualifications,
- Family partnerships,
- Learning environment, and
- Child health.
Visit www.ColoradoShines.com for more information.
It’s important that you select a licensed early care and learning provider for your child. Licensed providers take every effort to protect the health and safety of the children in their care. Open Arms Christian Preschool is licensed by the State of Colorado. We receive annual inspections to monitor compliance with state licensing rules and regulations and our staff have successfully completed background checks.
State certification also means that our staff is trained in:
- Building and physical premises safety,
- Administration of medication,
- Emergency preparedness and response planning for emergencies resulting from a natural disaster, or a man-caused event,
- First aid and CPR,
- Handling and storage of hazardous materials and the appropriate disposal of bio contaminants,
- Precautions in transporting children,
- Prevention and control of infectious diseases, including immunization, and
- Prevention of and response to emergencies due to food and allergic reactions.